Lead Product Engineer
About us: Tiny start-up with a huge purpose
Treety is an impact start-up at the cross-section of data & sustainability. Our ultimate goal is to drive scalable and systemic change toward an “impact economy” where the success of an investment is measured beyond its financial returns.
And with 20+ funds in our system and over €2.7B total AUM supported on our platform, we’ve just entered a stage of fast growth.
We’re building tools for impact & sustainability measurement and reporting. But what does that mean?
Our core product is the Treety Platform, where Investors can track various impact metrics of their portfolio companies, and where start-ups can upload, track and benchmark their metrics.
Next to it, we’re working on a wide portfolio of tools to assist in compliance with regulatory requirements and off-the-shelf impact tracking solutions.
Treety is becoming an increasingly complex application, integrating various toolkits like Google Looker or Jotform next to many deep custom systems. We’re looking for a person who can manage, simplify and grow our product on a technical layer while keeping our clients needs and experience in mind.
Once you join, you’ll be leading a small team of diverse engineers and responsible for the following:
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Product to solve our customers problems in the fastest and simplest possible way.
- Build the RIGHT things in an agile way, heavily leveraging 3rd party services and modern development tools.
- Build many MVPs and Proofs of Concept, bringing multi-faceted technical expertise into our data product.
- Execute solution architecture, making sure all parts of our product work seamlessly together.
- Make smart solutions and bits of code to seamlessly connect our modules and systems together
- Influence tech culture and process, such as DevOPs, deployment, code quality, development principles, agile rituals, etc.
You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of Product and work as a senior/lead member of a team of 5 developers. Your work will be split between Individual Contribution Engineering (est. 60%), Team & Process Management (est. 25%) and Strategy (est. 15%).
The perfect candidate:
To be a good fit for the role, you should meet most (but not all!) of these requirements:
- You have 3+ years experience in a technical role at the intersection of Product and Engineering (Product Engineer, Solution Architect, Innovation Engineer)
- You’ve led a technical team before (or have relevant mentoring experience)
- You’re not afraid of a quick MVP combining 3rd party services but you also know when to build maintainable and scalable services.
- You get product and are able to shift priorities or re-scope a solution based on exact clients needs and wants
- You have holistic understanding of web app development (JS, middleware, microservices, scaling)
- You’re familiar with common data solutions (i.e. MongoDB, BigQuery, AWS) and get the basics of data pipelines.
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform and know how to navigate its specificities
- You’re a good Software Engineer who’s able to write, review and maintain good code.
Additionally, the following can be greatly beneficial:
- Experience with data engineering, especially regarding building data pipelines and automated analytics
- Previous experience with data-centric products and complex information architectures (i.e. governmental websites, analytics tools or marketing tools)
What we offer:
We’re a growing start-up and that comes with a unique work environment and set of challenges. Some of the unique things you’ll experience working at Treety:
- Fully remote working environment (possible arrangements for digital nomad-ship)
- High level of autonomy and seniority in decision-making, including toolkits, implementation decisions, etc.
- Very short lines to all team-members and ability to understand inner working of the company
- Ability to focus on exciting/creative parts of the role due to minimal bureaucracy
- Compensation package in-line with industry standards
- Sharing success - as our company grows, so will your role, bonus and compensation!
What happens once you apply?
We are committed to a minimal 3-step application process. After reviewing your resume and portfolio, you’ll have receive a short questionaire. Then you'll have one interview with the leadership, and one technical interview with your future manager. You’ll get a clear answer within 3 weeks of your application.