We are a purpose-driven scale-up company and with our innovative, scalable, and modern software solution, we enable our customers to reduce the environmental impact of their products. To support our mission, we are looking for forward-thinking talented people to join our fast-growing Product & Technology team to extend our software's functionality and usability. You will be working in an agile environment where the tech team builds, deploys, monitors, and supports the platform.
The Software Engineer's role is to build optimized, scalable, modular software using the required technologies. You are tasked with developing and coding back-end components and connecting applications to other (web) services.
If you're looking for a job that aims to create a better world, having an opportunity to develop yourself, where your opinion matters and where you will be working with cutting-edge technologies (Go, GraphQL, Neo4J, AWS, React...), then being a Software Engineer @ Ecochain is the perfect job for you!
- Writing and maintaining code / APIs
- Analyzing and implementing best coding practices into the project code
- Analyzing technical requirements of the project and adapting the code in line with them
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Working with software developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
Your knowledge, skills & competencies
- At least 5 years of experience as a developer including several years working with Go
- At least 3 years of experience using: AWS, Terraform and Docker
- Working knowledge of (part of) our Tech stack: GraphQL, Go, React, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, Grafana, SQS, ElasticSearch
- A technical vision and a passion for creating innovative solutions and improving your work environment
- Great attention to detail and good knowledge in shipping high-quality code (clean code, TDD, DDD, SOLID)
- Complex business and architecture do not scare you; they stimulate you to give your best because you are willing to understand every single piece of it
- You are willing to get up close and personal with cutting-edge technologies. Including tech that you introduce to the stack
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace
- Curiosity, proactivity, team spirit and passion
The cherry on the cake (but not mandatory): you are familiar with DDD, Event sourcing, high-performance applications and software architecture
This is a fully remote job. In order to join our remote team we also require that:
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English
- You live in a time zone with a maximum time difference of 2 hours to Central European Time (Amsterdam time).
What we offer
- Making an impact as you will work on helping to solve the biggest problem of humankind: climate change!
- A daily challenge making complex stuff easy to use as this is not a straightforward journey!
- Enjoy the ride of the scale-up phase we’re in and evolve your skills and grow along with the company
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way around — we want you to bring your full self to work
- A 3-day quarterly team retreat to update & upgrade yourself and have some quality time with your team members in a beautiful place
- A long-term commitment to be part of the company and support our mission.
Why you should join our team
Purpose: Whether you call it having an impact, making a difference or doing work that matters, many professionals like yourself find it increasingly important to have a job that makes a tangible contribution to a better world. At Ecochain, we enable clients to get a grip on their environmental impact and sustainable ambitions. We turn data into actionable insights and enable our customers in improving the footprint of their products, processes or company as a whole. Because only if you know where and how the impact is generated, you can come up with ways to reduce it.
Timing: We are in a scaleup phase of organizational development. You will become part of a dynamic, international team of currently 50 colleagues and contribute to our ambitious growth goal. This provides great opportunities there is room to challenge the status quo and have that sense of ownership and very real influence that turns daily work into something inspirational. And since we are a technology-driven company, the development team is the backbone of our future.
Team: Our development team is growing rapidly in the coming months to bring to life all the fantastic ideas we have on our ambitious roadmap. It is the perfect time to jump on the Ecochain train.
Our interview process:
- Screening interview
- Interview with our Tech Lead
- Coding assessment
- Review assessment with two members of the engineering team
- Closing chat with our Head of Product
Apply for the job
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/ecochain-technologies-senior-software-engineer-go-graphql-aws-event-sourcing-climate-tech-saas-scale-up