Headquarters: Appleton, WI
At Appvion, we innovate sustainable specialty coating solutions that are a part of many tickets, tags, labels, and packages you touch every day. We serve a wide range of markets such as retail, healthcare, transportation, entertainment, and food packaging. Our goal as a 115-year company is to continue aligning our expertise with the needs of the sustainably minded consumer.
- Medical (HDHP, PPO, and Value Plans)
- Dental (two comprehensive plans to choose from)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement (Up to $5,250 per year)
- Wellness Center free of charge
- Life insurance
- Vacation (awarded based on industry related experience)
- 12 paid holidays
- Scholarships for dependents
This position can be hybrid, fully remote, or office-based in Appleton, WI, with travel to office or manufacturing sites as needs require (10-20%). The typical working hours will be 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
- Development of In-House System Integrations (35%)
- Develop applications that combine data from various internal and external systems.
- Create interfaces to streamline tasks for in-house users.
- Troubleshoot in-house systems.
- EDI Implementation and Management (35%)
- Work with vendors and customers to gather EDI requirements.
- Create and maintain systems to automate EDI processes.
- Extract data from internal systems to build outgoing EDI documents.
- Receive incoming EDI documents and import to internal systems.
- Monitor and troubleshoot incoming and outgoing EDI documents.
- General Programming Tasks (15%)
- Be ready for any task requiring programming knowledge.
- This could be anything from designing database tables, to finding a tool to fit a new requirement, to creating a process to transfer data or files, to researching and connecting to a new API.
- Data Reporting and Manipulation (10%)
- Create and execute processes to transfer data between ERP and other systems.
- Write queries to make data available for company reporting needs.
- Troubleshoot data issues.
- Organizational Development (5%)
- Set and monitor performance goals.
- Provide weekly updates of progress towards goals.
To be successful, we ask you to bring:
- Strong programming skills, required
- Experience with SQL or other database query language
- Experience with or ability to learn EDI systems
- Ability to take initiative in the development and completion of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to uphold our corporate values of being respectful, accountable, and different
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/appvion-programmer-analyst-edi-specialist