Security Operations Engineer - CyberArk
About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
A day in the life (just a few of the things you may do on any given day):
• Manage Privilege Access Management tools and products such as CyberArk.
• Manage Endpoint Security tools such as Trend Micro.
• Manage of Security Information and Event Management tools such as Splunk.
• Manage continuous security monitoring tools such Tenable Nessus/Security Center.
• Work with IT solution vendors to resolve pro
You will excel in this role if you:
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment
• Possess excellent customer service skills
• Can work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
• Exhibit accuracy and attention to detail
• Have organizational skills
• Are an independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making, and analytical skills
• Time management skills
• Are flexible and adaptable in handling competing work demands
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to the nontechnical audience on technical issues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate on a technical level to a technical audience
• Have the ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
• Can do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• Eleven (11) years experience in information technology security
• Experience with CyberArk Privileged Access Manager
• Experience as a Security Operations Engineer
• Familiarity with endpoint security tools
• Familiarity with information security concepts
• Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management
• Familiarity with Continuous Security Monitoring
• Familiarity with Virtualization Environments / Configurations
• System Administration skills
• Network Administration skills (related to firewalls, LAN, DNS, etc.)
• Collaboration skill
• Database Administration skills
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
• Trend Micro
• NIST & CIS
• Tenable Nessus/Security Center
• Microsoft Windows and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• MS SQL
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
• Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
• 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
• Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
• Flexible Spending Account options.
• Generous paid time off that includes one bucket of leave to use how the employee sees fit: no separate holiday, sick, or vacation.
• Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
• Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
• Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
• A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
• A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/ EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.
We are a part of the Go Remotely group, specialized in recruiting anywhere in the world.