About the job
As a Senior Mobile Engineer at Follow Up Boss, you'll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. You'll write clean and functional code for both Android and iOS platforms. You'll write reusable and maintainable code that is secure and scales well. You'll help ensure code quality with automated and functional testing along with peer review. You'll collaborate closely with our engineering team and broader product organization to craft extraordinary experiences for our customers that are consistent, robust and pleasing to use.
Why would you want to work here?
We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011. We're a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers and we don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it
. We're fully remote and have been since day 1. Here's a few more reason's we think you'll love working here - and be sure to check out our video on how we work
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $170K - $184K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed over a billion emails; per month we send nearly 3 million text messages and handle 700k+ minutes of call time for tens of thousands of active customers.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
This role is for you if...
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
Your qualifications include:
Self motivated and proactive mindset.
Remote work experience is required.
Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- Published two or more apps in the Google Play Store and/or Apple App Store.
- Experienced developer in Swift and Kotlin.
- Know how to work with remote data via REST APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Deep understanding of device and operating system APIs, application lifecycles, multi-threading, memory management, networking, caching, performance optimization, localization, and security for iOS and Android applications.
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing and automated integration testing.
- Strong knowledge of iOS and Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Exceptional collaborator: self-aware, empathetic towards others, excellent communicator, and focused on delivering results as a team.
Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Pragmatic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop new and improve existing features in our mobile app on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Help to refine our UI/UX on both the iOS and Android platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and resolve bottlenecks to ensure class-leading performance.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure our apps are of the highest quality.
- Set a high technical bar for the team by participating in code and architecture design review.
- Share knowledge and mentor other engineers in an effort to support a mobile team striving for engineering excellence, exceptional usability, and outstanding quality.
30 Day Targets
- Become familiar with our mobile apps (iOS and Android) and their codebases.
- Become familiar with our API, which the mobile apps communicate with.
- Become familiar with our customers and learn how they interact with our services.
- Become familiar with our development, build and release processes.
- Help address minor bugs.
- Build relationships with other engineers and learn about our core values and how we work.
60 Day Targets
- Develop a deeper understanding of our iOS and Android apps and their codebases, including UI/UX, API calls, and app architecture.
- Take part in peer code and architecture reviews.
- Develop and deliver at least one new product feature or improvement that delivers value to our customers.
- Give and receive feedback while maintaining a humble growth mindset.
- Help address complex bugs.
90 Day Targets
- Implement improvements that level up the performance of our app and the security of our customer's data.
- Continue improving our Android and iOS apps in an effort to create and maintain a 5 star experience for our customers.
- Contribute to our longer term strategy of creating enjoyable, frictionless and performant mobile experiences for our growing customer base.
- Be a valuable resource on our team by helping other engineers troubleshoot technical issues, and bring creative and/or novel approaches to complex technical and customer problems.
- Publish tickets that are clear and concise, craft detailed Github Pull Requests, and generally leave code much better than you found it.
Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
Our Employment Package Includes
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Senior Mobile Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/follow-up-boss-senior-mobile-engineer