As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for delivering transformational initiatives across both business and IT. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams on large, highly complex projects. As a member of the Samsara IT Leadership team, the Senior Manager is an experienced thought leader that drives complex, transformational solution opportunities which will deliver value to our customers.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the global engineering team in building and delivering the future-state systems capabilities for Go-To-Market business organization. Work across internal stakeholders at all levels to gain alignment. Establish KPIs and metrics across the team to measure product performance.
- Perform all people management functions: performance reviews, staff calls, 1x1's, recruiting, hiring, onboarding, career development, talent retention, and motivation, etc. Own engineering delivery as needed by the product requirements, and establish funding and resource plan to execute.
- Partner with other IT and Business managers across the organization to ensure interdependencies between teams are closely managed and to leverage expertise and skills from other teams as needed.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and develop and deliver engaging presentations that influence and persuade leadership on recommendations. Review program requirements and deployment plans/launch orchestration plans and provide appropriate recommendations to improve quality, de-risk, or pre-empt issues.
- Continually challenge the current model and methods: track productivity and quality metrics, and come up with creative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team for continuous improvement.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara's cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in software engineering, and/or program management or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in implementing Go-To-Market applications that provide superior Customer and Agent Experience
- 4+ years of managerial/leadership experience.
- Experience in defining long-term strategic plans and then putting them into action
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and succeed in partnering and driving virtual (globally distributed) teams with proven knowledge in depth and experience leveraging agile development practices (Scrum, Pivotal Labs, SAFE, etc) while assigning roles and coaching employees for optimal team performance/dynamics.
- Demonstrated accomplishments managing projects and software development delivery teams working with diverse technology stacks (custom development, package integration) in the delivery of large-scale and complex projects.
- Notable oral and written communication skills, remarkable analytic, problem-solving, negotiation, and prioritization skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional agile teams using appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality and ensuring quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in leading teams to implement Salesforce or any other modern CRM technologies