ℹ️Note before applying 🙏:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-2 hours > Paris time zone < +2 hours
Pricing Team @Heetch
We'd love the opportunity to discuss this role with you - we consider ourselves a group of talented, motivated, caring and product focussed engineers all working together to solve complex problems, design and build simple software that scales, while constantly working to improve and scale the pricing of our app.
The opportunity and challenge ahead for this team is huge and will have a direct impact on the success of the business as we continue to grow in 2022 and beyond. We are looking for a motivated Engineer, with a product and collaborative mindset, to help design and build microservices that will participate in improving our pricing strategy. Pricing is a new team at Heetch and you'll be the first engineer of the team! 🚀
Technology you can expect to work with
• Kafka Streams
• Micro-services written in Java (SpringBoot)
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon
*and well, if you think a piece of tech that will solve a problem, go for it, we're always eager to learn and you are encouraged to experiment.
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture
• Work on extraction projects as we migrate legacy systems into our event-driven architecture
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code
Does it sound like you?
• You've got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer
• You've worked with micro-services in production using Java
• You've worked on event-driven architectures
• You've worked with Kafka in production
• You've experience working on CI/CD with an orchestrator (Mesos&Marathon or Kubernetes)
• You have designed and developed elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented
• You think before you code and look at the wider problem we are trying to solve
• You're eager to learn and push boundaries, just like we are! 🚀
• You are curious by nature and not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
• You are comfortable communicating to a wide set of audiences, from technical to non-technical
• You are ready to have impact at scale!
+ If you've worked with Golang in production, it's a plus :)
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to roles in Tech, which is why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/heetch-senior-back-end-engineer-pricing-team-full-remote