Headquarters: Washington, DC
The primary mission of the Senior Data Engineer is to fully design and build a fully new data warehouse and data pipelines to help Merit America accurately understand progress against key metrics, support learners and managers across the organization and enable services that make a positive impact across Merit America. The Senior Data Engineer will champion the value of good data and help teams make the most of their data. The Senior Data Engineer will work primarily with product engineers and data analysts while supporting all teams across Merit America.
- Data Enablement
- Architect and maintain data warehouse to a high data quality for Analytics and Master Data Management
- Create and maintain ETL pipelines using Alteryx and SQL
- Support new data engineering requirements across the project lifecycle: initial project definition, planning, implementation, and testing
- Data Strategy
- Make design decisions on architecture that leads to efficient, responsible and easy to access data across all aspects of the organization
- Monitor data integrity across the organization and continuously enhance processes to improve data quality
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Trusted Partner
- Coordinate with Salesforce Administrator and Engineering Lead to maintain high level of data quality and meet uptime goals
- Document procedures for data quality across the organization
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies.
- 3+ years of SQL experience required
- 2+ years of Alteryx experience preferred
- Strong track record of building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Passion and savvy for communicating about technical requirements with non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of using workflow management platforms (eg: Airflow)
- Keen interest in data analytic skills working with structured and unstructured datasets
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
- Python knowledge preferred
- Dedication to building new data capabilities for a growing organization
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- This position is fulltime
- The annual salary for this role is $127,500
- This is a remote position
All employees receive the following perks:
- Phone stipend
- Tech stipend
- Personal development stipend
- Home office supplies stipend
In addition to the above, full time employees receive the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Health reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited PTO (and yes we require you to use it)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 2 Week Holiday Office Closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with company automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the U.S. and have full authorization to work in the U.S. In addition, Merit America doesn't offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video
we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.