Headquarters: Philadelphia, PA
Being part of WebDevStudios means more than just having a job. We strive to foster passion, creativity, innovation, and pride in what we accomplish every day. We look to our employees to show us where they really shine and put each individual’s skills and interests at the forefront of our projects.
We could not accomplish what we do daily without our employees and the wonderful jobs they perform. They are our most valuable resource. We recognize that when you love what you do, your best self-shines through.
The Engineering Manager is part of a management team that helps oversee the delivery of services for project teams. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Engineers for their team. This position works closely with their team to ensure team and company goals are being met. This position oversees projects to ensure proper execution as outlined in our policies and documentation and that the engineers are able to perform in a productive and successful manner on every project.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for providing daily, hands-on assistance and direction for team engineers ensuring both code standards and deliverables are being met. This position collaborates with the Delivery Manager and Account Manager with the technical needs of the project life cycle. Engineering Managers from each Pod collaborate with one another on engineering initiatives and ensuring consistent workflow and processes for all engineers in the company. This position provides engineering Pod support including coaching, mentoring, and the performance review process for the Engineers.
Learn more about what it’s like
to be part of the gang
Manages and supervises project teams to ensure that business, team, and personal goals are met.
Day-to-Day oversight of all Engineering personnel within their team.
Daily Support for individual Engineers on their projects.
Review and manage Engineers productivity goals throughout the year.
Regular 1:1 interaction with Engineers to provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and mentoring.
Uphold departmental processes, policies, objectives and goals.
Uphold and advance standards and procedures for the technical work performed in the engineering department.
Ensure conformity with the business’s policies and overall objectives.
Monitor engineer productivity, quality, time and attendance.
Assist with vetting and evaluating engineering candidates including new hire onboarding.
Be a mentor, technical leader and thought leader for a talented team of frontend and backend engineers, challenging them and helping them grow.
Assist with forming new policies and processes or updating existing policies and processes.
Recognizing and sharing any suggestions for improvement in productivity and quality.
Provide day-to-day, hands-on technical direction and evaluate the general morale of the team engineers during the entire life cycle of a team project.
Continually drive engineering best practices, provide mentoring, and supervision to the team engineers.
Collaborate with Delivery Manager on forecasting, resourcing, and capacity planning. This includes team assignments across project management and engineering for their team.
Ensure Project Plans are being followed and identify any at risk tasks or projects.
Provide redundancy on projects and spot check the work completed for accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
Work with the team Engineers to assist with triage, troubleshooting, and code reviews.
Support team through tight deadlines and launches and other project stressors when they arise.
Step in and serve as a Project Lead and/or developer as needed to provide cover for vacations and sick time.
- You have 2+ years of professional experience as a Lead Engineer, Technical Lead, or Team Lead, or equivalent technical management position.
- You can demonstrate natural leadership abilities, being able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team and influence engineers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the web development process and its technologies.
- Ability to lead and train project team managers and oversee the development of departmental strategy.
- You can follow, and help enforce, coding best practices.
- You possess the ability to work effectively and dependably in remote environments.
- You possess the confidence to effectively present well-reasoned options to decision-makers.
- You have good working knowledge with: build-tools like Webpack, Docker, Local, package management tools like NPM and Composer, as well as Git, Tailwind CSS and preprocessors like SASS.
- You have experience developing responsive interfaces and debugging for a wide range of browsers and devices.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- You have experience setting up code deployments and build/test environments.
- You are familiar with Agile SCRUM and Waterfall project methodologies.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/webdevstudios-engineering-manager