Developer Partner Program Director
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
This position is eligible to sit remotely in the US, Canada, and Europe.
The PyAnsys Developer Partner Program Director is responsible for the development and execution of our Ansys developer recruitment strategy & partnership program. You will work with a cross-functional team, including product management, product marketing, development, the Ansys customer excellence (ACE) team, marketing, and the rest of the Global Partnerships team to develop, launch and ensure the success of an industry-leading program that enables developers from multiple verticals to solve today's toughest engineering challenges by embedding components of Ansys software and solvers within their use-specific applications using the PyAnsys framework APIs. The strategy should reflect an understanding of key developer communities, technologies, and application marketplaces. Program development includes leading the creation of the developer ecosystem partner program and ISV/Startup recruitment. Success will be measured by the evolution of the strategy, the number of active developers signed vs, plan, and the volume of horizontal and vertical applications developed using Ansys technologies.
This individual will have a passion for partnerships, startups, academic institutions, and sharing technology with other inventors, creators and app developers, both inside and outside the company. They will be able to drive a program that will inspire engineers, designers, and developers to engage with Ansys. This position requires strong business acumen as well as the ability to communicate and drive consensus among cross-functional groups to achieve joint goals across a variety of stakeholders and departments.
• Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects including requirements gathering, business case creation, legal framework, and implementation to drive revenue opportunities and develop a large-scale ecosystem
• Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model
• Proactively set performance and recruitment expectations, manage requirements and organization expectations, yielding consistent results
• Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities
• Manage program-level risks and interdependencies
• Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders in product, sales, legal, finance, operations, etc.
• Lead cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork; drive escalation and resolution of issues
• Directly facilitate program steering committee meetings and conduct periodic briefings/status updates to various levels of the organization
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 10 years of project management experience including large-scale complex projects OR equivalent management experience
• Strong leadership skills within a global matrixed organizational structure, along with mature business acumen and industry knowledge
• Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
• Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
• Ability to promote innovative ideas, experiment, and accept the risks that are required to lead change
• Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
• Excellent negotiation skills to facilitate discussions and reach conclusions among peers, team members, and partners with differing opinions
• Experience building profitable business relationships with C-level executives and developers
• Experience in product management, developer ecosystem or partner management preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: