Headquarters: New York, NY
This role will be based remotely in the continental United States
Prognos’ is a NYC-based healthcare startup whose mission is to improve health by driving the best actions learned from the world's data. In order to achieve this goal we have curated the world’s largest clinical lab dataset, covering over 200M patients in the US, and are currently deploying cutting-edge technology for predicting disease at the earliest possible time.
We are looking for an experienced software developer with lots of data experience to join the team and help ensure we are delivering data centric products with high quality.
Are you interested in using complex large data and cutting edge technologies to improve health? Care to work on leading data technology? Then come work with us!
Who you are:
Professional with 5+ years of software development and data management experience. Have led teams before or have a strong desire to do so in the future. Worked on multiple applications at multiple companies. Experience with complex data, process improvement, and system architecture. Able to mentor junior developers within an organization. Remote work experience. The ability to grasp the vision and convert it to action. Outcomes focused.
- Develop high quality software and systems that manage, enrich and enable the usage of high value medical data.
- Code reviews.
- Help teach the team about the stuff you know that we don't.
- Learn and incorporate new technologies and keep up with best practices.
- Mentor other developers
Education, Experience, Skills:
- > 5 years of software development experience.
- Strong preference for experience with Golang, Scala, SQL, Spark and Terraform.
- Top-notch communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience with server-less, service oriented and distributed architectures.
- Experience with distributed computing systems (Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with the tools available to work with Big Data.
- Deep understanding of relational databases.
- Experience in the medical data field and the compliance that entails.
- You like to own the full stack.
- Familiar with agile practices, lean management and devops techniques.
Values & Culture:
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
To improve health outcomes by accelerating real world data access and insights
To prevail over disease
- Flexible work arrangements (e.g. no set hours), fully remote work, and unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Commuter benefits
- Free access to One Medical Group
- Gym discounts
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Health Advocate
- Employee Stock Option Plan