Main objectives of the Backend Lead 🙌
- Lead and mentor a team of backend engineers to ensure smooth daily operations and delivery of assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Analyze product requirements, processes, and data to identify areas for improvement and generate tech solutions.
- Work with the front-end team and other tech sub-verticals to establish objectives on how to design and implement more functional and cohesive tech solutions that will ultimately enhance the user experience.
- Deliver clean and expressive code that others can read, learn from, and maintain.
- Collaborate with the product team on architecting solutions to product opportunities from a tech perspective based on her experience as a developer and keeping up with the industry's new developments and trends.
- Help ensure our project management methodologies are being applied according to our agile definitions.
- Record data and report it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Proactively participate in continuous education and training to remain updated on new trends and innovative applications of software engineering.
The qualities we love in a Backend Lead ✌️
- Has that startup mentality: designs, implements, analyzes, and iterates quickly.
- Has a strong focus on efficiency, deliverability, process improvement, and business impact.
- Has strong problem-solving skills.
- Develops a strong understanding of the business needs as well as the product development cycle, new programming techniques, and innovative tools that can be applied.
- Autonomous: As a true leader, they don't need anyone to tell them what to do, how, or when.
- Phenomenal communicator: written and verbal! The Backend Lead is able to easily identify the type of communication that should be introduced according to the receptor and makes sure that the message is delivered optimally.
- Has outstanding attention to detail.
- At least 4 years of backend engineering experience.
- At least 2 years of experience leading and mentoring a team of engineers.
- Proficient in at least one of Python or Golang.
- Experience with Relational databases.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Experience working with event-driven micro-services architectures.
- Strong understanding of accessibility and server compliance.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Experience in Cloud development with a good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Good communication skills in Spanish and English (written and verbal).
Preferred Qualifications 💥
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering / Computer Science.
- Certifications in AWS.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/lapieza-backend-tech-lead